AP 130 to 121
B'eda d'yawman (Syriac and Malayalam) at Suriyanippally, Palluruthy.
|Part Number||Part I - Syro Malabar Church|
|Title||B'eda d'yawman (Syriac and Malayalam) at Suriyanippally, Palluruthy.
|Place of Recording||St. Mary's Church (Suriyanipally), Pallurthy, Kochi|
|Date of Recording||Sept 05, 2018|
|Video Segment (s)||
B'eda d'yawman (Syriac and Malayalam) at Suriyanippally, Palluruthy
The St. Mary's Church at Palluruthy, in the Eparchy of Ernakulam-Angamaly pays homage to its nickname, Suriyanippally (Malayalam, "Syriac Church") by continuing the tradition of singing the Marian hymn, B'eda d'yawman during the parish feast on 8 September, 2018. The video also shows the ritual associated with the performance of this hymn. The altar servers sprinkle flower petals and holy water on the statue of the Blessed Virgin, the celebrant, the processional Cross, and the volunteers. The second part of the video presents the Malayalam version of the chant. Earlier, we posted a video of the performance of the Syriac and Malayalam versions of the song by the children’s choir of this church (see video ). Baby Anamthururthil played the harmonium and directed the choir in that recording. Anamthuruthil also was instrumental in introducing the Malayalam version. It is heartwarming to see the Parish continuing the tradition and passing it on to the next generation.
Joseph J. Palackal, CMI
18 February 2019
- AP 4aa - "B'eda d'yawman." Track 29
- AP 6a - Dr. Jacob Vellian and team sing "B'eda d'yawmaan". Recorded at St. Thomas Church, Kuruppamthara, Kottayam Dt., Kerala. 12 July 2013.
- AP 18b - The Sisters of St. Thomas sing a new melody for B'eda d'yawmaan (Hymn to the Blessed Virgin).
- AP 26 - Children's Choir at Suriyanippally, Palluruthy, sings "B'eda d'yawmaan".
- AP 78g - B'eda Dyawman -Binu & Deepa singing syriac chants
- AP 105 - Syriac hymn in honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
- AP 214 - Evelyn and Jerome Sijo Puthenpurackal, sing Marian Hymn