AP 130 to 121
B'eda d'yawman (Syriac and Malayalam) at Suriyanippally, Palluruthy.
|Part Number||Part I - Syro Malabar Church|
|Title||B'eda d'yawman (Syriac and Malayalam) at Suriyanippally, Palluruthy.
|Place of Recording||St. Mary's Church (Suriyanipally), Pallurthy, Kochi|
|Date of Recording||Sept 05, 2018|
|Video Segment (s)||
B'eda d'yawman (Syriac and Malayalam) at Suriyanippally, Palluruthy
The St. Mary's Church at Palluruthy, in the Eparchy of Ernakulam-Angamaly pays homage to its nickname, Suriyanippally (Malayalam, "Syriac Church") by continuing the tradition of singing the Marian hymn, B'eda d'yawman during the parish feast on 8 September, 2018. The video also shows the ritual associated with the performance of this hymn. The altar servers sprinkle flower petals and holy water on the statue of the Blessed Virgin, the celebrant, the processional Cross, and the volunteers. The second part of the video presents the Malayalam version of the chant. Earlier, we posted a video of the performance of the Syriac and Malayalam versions of the song by the children’s choir of this church (see video ). Baby Anamthururthil played the harmonium and directed the choir in that recording. Anamthuruthil also was instrumental in introducing the Malayalam version. It is heartwarming to see the Parish continuing the tradition and passing it on to the next generation.
Joseph J. Palackal, CMI
18 February 2019
- AP 4aa - "B'eda d'yawman." Track 29. Qambel Maran: Syriac Chants from South India
- AP 6a - Dr. Jacob Vellian and team sing "B'eda d'yawmaan"
- AP 7 - "B'eda d'yawmaan" (On this festival day)Syriac Chant in honor of the Blessed Virgin MarySung by Paul Joy Vathappillil
- AP 11.5 - "B'hadmin yawmin" in the voice of Fr. Abel, CMI
- AP 18b - The Sisters of St. Thomas sing a new melody for B'eda d'yawmaan (Hymn to the Blessed Virgin).
- AP 25g - Rev. Fr. Sebastian Sankoorikkal: Three melodies of “B’eda d’yawmaan;” one melody starts on offbeat.
- AP 26 - Children's Choir at Suriyanippally, Palluruthy, sings "B'eda d'yawmaan".
- AP 26a - സുറിയാനി ഗീതം : പുത്തരി മാതാവിന് സ്തുതി
- AP 78g -B'eda Dyawman -Binu & Deepa singing syriac chants
- AP 105 - B'eda d'yawman, during the priestly ordination of Fr. Jojo Thalikasthanam, CMI
- AP 107b - Melody of B’eda d’yawman. Fr. Thomas Kalayil, CMI
- AP 121 - Dr. Joseph J Palackal, CMI, at the AMERICAN LIBRARY OF CONGRESS .
- AP 159 - Three -year old Hansel Joseph sings Syriac chants.
- AP 182 - Paul Joy (Grandson of Paily Vathappally)
- AP 182 - Paily Vathappally with Violin tune
- AP 214 - 'ബ്ഏദാ ദ് യൗമ്മാൻ' Evelyn & Jerome Sijo Puthenpurackal, sing Marian Hymn.
- AP 250 - Beda d' Yawman (Syriac Chant) and ' അമലോത്ഭവയാം കന്യാമരി യേ' (Malayalam)