AP 140 to 131
Syriac chants from bilingual Qurbana at Jubilee mass.
|Part Number||Part I - Syro Malabar Church|
|Title||Syriac chants from bilingual Qurbana at Jubilee mass.
|Place of Recording||St. Stanislaus Kostka Church, Maspeth, New York|
|Date of Recording||28 April 2019|
|Video Segment (s)||
AP 132a and 132b
Syriac chants from bilingual Qurbana at Jubilee mass
Bilingual Syro Malabar Qurbana (English/Syriac) at St. Stanislaus Kostka Church, Maspeth, NY. On the occasion of the celebration of 40th anniversary of Ordination of Fr. Joseph Palackal, CMI. 28 April 2019.
The sound and melodies of Syriac chants from the Syro Malabar Church are becoming a part of the religious experience of Americans. The parishioners welcomed the idea of celebrating my anniversary with Syro Malabar Qurbana in English. They welcomed my suggestion to add a Syriac element to the Qurbana. They enthusiastically learned the melodies. This was a new experience for the choir as well as the congregation. One participant commented that she felt as though she was in Israel. Incidentally, it was during my trip to the Holy Land that I got the inspiration to resucitate the East Syriac language and melodies of the Syro Malabar Church. The Parishioners of St. Stanislaus Kostka initially funded the Aramaic Project whcih took a life of its own. Seven years later, the Project is in full swing. I take this opportunity to express my gratitude to the parishioners and all who have been supporting this project
Joseph Palackal, CMI
27 May 2019
- AP 50 - "Suwhalaawa." Bilingual singing in Syriac and Malayalam. Commemoration Hymn
- AP 57 - Bilingual singing of Qambel Maran.
- AP 90 - Young Syro Malabar Catholics getting comfortable with bilingual Qurbana.
- AP 132a - Puqdankon during bilingual Qurbana at St. Stans, New York.
- AP 132b - Qandiśā Alāhā during bilingual Qurbana at St. Stans, New York.
- AP 135 - Bilingual Qurbana in New Jersey, USA.
- AP 136 - Bilingual Qurbana at Ukranian Cathedral, London.
- AP 137a - Bilingual Holy, Holy, Holy (Malayalam/Syriac), Dallas, USA.
- AP 142 - Qandisa alaha during bilingual Qurbana at Syro Malabar Convention in Houston.
- AP 144 - Institution Narrative in Syriac during bilingual Qurbana at Syro Malabar Conven.
- AP 149 - Bilingual Nuptial Qurbana: wedding of Anija and George Njarakunnel.
- AP 151 - Francesca Pulicken in attendance at the practice session for bilingual Qurbana.
- AP 153 - Bilingual Qurbana at Sacred Heart Church, Glendale, New York.
- AP 191 - Five-hundred children preparing for bilingual (English/Syriac )Qurbana.
- AP 201 - Bishop Mar Thomas Tharayil: Syriac Hymns and Kyananas during Bilingual Qurbana.
- AP 215 - Bishop Thomas Tharayi: Bilingual Qurbana.
- AP 217 - Sunil and Seena : Bilingual Nuptial Qurbana. A historic event.
- AP 249 - SYRO MALABAR QURBANA. ENGLISH/SYRIAC. Fr. JOSEPH J PALACKAL, CMI , UK. 2015