Interviews and Performances - Video List
AP 20 to 11
AP 20 to 11
Fr. Abel Periyapuram, C. M. I. sings Syriac and Malayalam versions of melodies.
|Part Number||Part I - Syro Malabar Church|
|Title||Fr. Abel Periyapuram, C. M. I. sings Syriac and Malayalam versions of melodies.|
|Place of Recording||ASA Music Productions in Mount Vernon, New York.|
|Date of Recording||22 July 1998|
|Video Segment (s)||
- AP 4J - "O dezdamman inja" track 11 from Qambel Maran: Syriac Chants from South India.
- AP 4M - "Qambel Maran", track 14. Qambel Maran: Syriac Chants from south India.
- AP 11 - Fr. Abel Periyapuram, C. M. I. sings Syriac melodies and their Malayalam translations from the liturgy of the Syro-Malabar Church for the research of Joseph J. Palackal. Recorded at Kalabhavan Studio in Dec 1997.
- AP 12a - Wita wangunnen. Fr. Abel CMI. funeral for priests "Witawangunnen." Fr. Abel sings his own (free) translation of the Syriac chant, "Etha pus lek" (farewell O church) from the Funeral services for priests in the Syro Malabar Church.
- AP 13 - Fr. Abel Periyapuram, C. M. I. sings Malayalam version of model melodies from the liturgy of the Hours of the Syro-Malabar Church for the doctoral study of Joseph J. Palackal. Recorded at Fr. Abel's office at Kalabhavan, Kochi, Kerala on 23 Aug 2001.
- AP 14 - Fr. Abel Periyapuram, C. M. I. sings chants from the liturgy of the Syro-Malabar Church. Recorded at Joseph J. Palackal's office in Maspeth, New York on 20 Sep 1997 during Fr. Abel's visit to U. S. A. Of special interest is the conversation between Fr. Abel and Joseph J. Palackal on the rhythmic aspects of these melodies.
- AP 253 - Fr. Abel's Voice. A Res Qala (Model Melody). Syriac and Malayalam versions.
Complete List of Aramaic Project 11 Segments (11.1 to 11.26)