AP 20 to 11
Rev. Dr. George Koyilparambil in conversation with Dr. Joseph J. Palackal.
|Part Number||Part I - Syro Malabar Church|
|Title||Rev. Dr. George Koyilparambil in conversation with Dr. Joseph J. Palackal.|
|Place of Recording||St. Mary's Church (aka "Syrianippally"), Palluruthy, Kochi, Kerala.|
|Date of Recording||28 July 2014.|
|Video Segment (s)||
01. Felt a special attraction toward the Syriac language during the seminary days (1:56).
02. "I like to hum Syriac melodies; those melodies melted into my blood."(2:20).
03. It is easier to write poems in Malayalam to the Syriac meters (2:31).
04. There is a unique simplicity in Syriac melodies (3:54).
05. Melody of "Ambaramanavaratham" (4:00).
06. One of the very few priests in the Eranakulam-Angamaly Archdiocese who chants the Institution narrative in Syriac during Qurbana in Malayalam (4:33).
07. Learned to read Syriac in the Minor Seminary in Ernakulam (10:43).
08. "UNFORTUNATELY, at the time of my ordination we got the Malayalam text" (11:35).
09. "Syriac melodies refresh me when I am bored" (13:00). Syriac melodies function like a therapy.
10. "If there is an option, I will go back to celebrate Mass in Syriac" (13:30).
11. Malayalam poem to the Syriac tune of "Ksaawa Ramba" (14:04).
12. Malayalam poem to the Syriac tune of "Breekeethon" (16:32).
13. Malayalam poem to the Syriac tune of "Pus Baslaamma" (17:25).
14. Malayalam poem to the Syriac tune of "Tuyay" (18:28).
15. Passion narrative to the tune of the Malayalam poem from "Puthen Paana, 12th paadam, by the German missionary, John Earnest Hanxleden(19:00).
16. Melody of "Rahme Suqaanaa," Syriac and Malayalam texts (20:00).
17. Melody of "Qandisa Alaaha (21:22)
18. Melody of "Alleluia" (22:47).
syro malabar sabhayukkuu nashtapettu kondirikkunnaa suriyani bhashyayum aradhanakramavum veendum orrkan oru avsaram tharunna dhanuu Malpan Joseph Achan arambhichaa aramic project... achaa, ee project nannayii munnotuu pokan ee eliyavan ennum prarthikkunnunduu... Malpan George Koyilparambil oru nallaa suriyani pandidhanuuu... adhum ernakulam angmaly roopadhayil suriyani ariyavunnnaa achan marundu ennuu parayumbol adhu syro malabar sabhaykku pradeeesha nalkunnnadhannuu... syro malabar ennaa peeril SYRO ennaal syriac anennuu polum ariyatha sabhamakkallee ee projectinnuu unarthan sadhikkatee..
eeshoo mishihayikku sthudi ayirikkattee -Yawsep Mathai - July, 2015