AP 160 to 151
Three -year old Hansel Joseph sings Syriac chants.
|Part Number||Part I - Syro Malabar Church|
|Title||Three -year old Hansel Joseph sings Syriac chants
|Place of Recording||Residence of Hansel Joseph , Kochi|
|Date of Recording||1 November, 2015|
|Video Segment (s)||
Three -year old Hansel Joseph sings Syriac chants
It is indeed a delight to watch the three-year-old Hansel Joseph singing his favorite Syriac chants. He does it with ease and an innocent smile. Hansel is the grandson of Ammini John Anamthuruthil (see Aramaic Project-48.). Hansel learned the melodies by listening to his grandmother who is nostalgic about the Syriac era of the Syro Malabar Church. She continues to hum the melodies of the Syriac chants at home. Hansel is not old enough to handle the Syriac syllables, but he seems to enjoy the act of singing. Home could be the first and the best place where children can start listening to Syriac chants. They shall never forget that experience in their lives, We hope this video will inspire many parents and children alike. We are grateful to Hansel's parents for capturing these precious moments.
Joseph J. Palackal CMI
1 November 2019
- AP 7 - Paul Joy Vathappillil sings the Syriac hymn,"B'eda d'yawmaan" (On this festival day) in honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
- AP 10a - "Awun d’wasmayya" (Our Father in Heaven). Lord's Prayer.
- AP 10b - Catherine sings the Solemn form of the Lord's Prayer "Awun d’wasmayya" (Our Father in Heaven).
- AP 10c - Rebecca sings the syriac hymn "Talak Ruha" (Come O Spirit).
- AP 17 - Interview with Don Tom Francis.
- AP 26 - Children's Choir at Suriyanippally, Palluruthy, sings "B'eda d'yawmaan".
- AP 29 - Fr. Thomas Perumayan teaches the Sunday School children "Laaku Maara".
- AP 30 - Sunday School Children sing Qandisa alaha/ kandisa alaha (Trisagion)
- AP 94 - Meera Mary Jacob, singing a Syriac Chant.
- AP 158 - Mar Walah (My Lord and my God) for Sunday School children.
- AP 164 - Children take Syriac chants home.
- AP 166 - Children take over the conversation on Syriac chants.
- AP 185 - Catherine Felix plays the Syriac chant "Bar Maryam" (Son of Mary) on piano.
- AP 186 - Two young boys sing the Syriac alphabet.
- AP 188 - The joy of singing Syriac chant.
- AP 191 - Five-hundred children preparing for bilingual (English/Syriac )Qurbana.
- AP 192 - Qandisa Alaha and Covid-19. Syro Malabar children sing in Austin, Texas.
- AP 196 - Catechism through Syriac chants. Ramsha Mariam Payyappilly.
- AP 198 - Syriac chant to celebrate St. Thomas Day. Houston, Texas.
- AP 200 - Family entertainment with a Syriac song.
- AP 214 - Evelyn and Jerome Sijo Puthenpurackal, sing Marian Hymn
- AP 254 - EMMA LIZ ROBIN: An asset to the SYRO Malabar Church in the USA.