AP 330 to 321
SAGDINAN MAR. The Christological hymn in the unique voice of Emma Robin, Texas
|Part Number||Part I - Syro Malabar Church|
|Title||SAGDINAN MAR. The Christological hymn in the unique voice of Emma Robin, Texas|
|Place of Recording|
|Date of Recording|
|Video Segment (s)||
We have the privilege to listen to the famous Christological hymn in the voice of Emma Robin. Albeit American English is her native language, Emma's articulation of Syriac syllables and melody is flawless. It gives us hope that the younger generation of Syro Malabar Catholics can be comfortable in celebrating the Syriac heritage of their mother church. We hope Emma will inspire young people across the globe to take up the challenge. We are grateful to Emma's parents, Robin Kurian and Rani Robin, for permission to post this video on our channel. Sagdinan Mar is the ideal prayer song before Sunday School classes. It is a succinct profession of faith in just two verses.
We hope to post more songs in the voice of Emma shortly.
Joseph J. Palackal, CMI
14 April 2023
- AP 6j - Dr. Jacob Vellian sings the mMelody of "Sagdeenan maar."
- AP 25f - Rev. Fr. Sebastian Sankoorikkal: Melody of “Sagdeenan maar”.
- AP 79 - Sagdinan Mar. A unique Syriac chant
- AP 91 - Bishop Joseph Kallarangatt sings "Sagdīnan mār"
- AP 98 - Dr. Joseph J. Palackal teaches the choir members, the aramaic chant "Sagdinan Mar"
- AP 101 - Sagdīnan mār. at First communion. Northern Virginia
- AP 107e - Fr. Thomas Kalayil, CMI on "Sagdinan mar"
- AP 113 - Dr. Thomas Kalayil, CMI, speaks On "Sagdinan Mar," the Christological hymn
- AP 134 - Sagdinan mar" in Toronto, Canada
- AP 146 - Practice session for bilingual Qurbana at National Convention in Houston, Texas
- AP 179 - Papputty Master (Violin instrumental track)
- AP 196 - Ramsha Mariam Payyappilly sings syriac chant
- AP 243 - Children Group sings at St Jude Syro Malabar Catholic Church
- AP 315 - The ESSENCE of SAGDINAN MAR - by Joseph Palackal, CMI
- AP 326 / AP2-116 - Melody of "Sagdinan" from the Chaldean Syrian church of the East