AP 260 to 251
Revival of Crowning ceremony . Syro Malabar wedding of Joseph and Jiss, Kalathil .
|Part Number||Part I - Syro Malabar Church|
|Title||Revival of Crowning ceremony . Syro Malabar wedding of Joseph and Jiss, Kalathil .|
|Place of Recording||St. Mary's Metropolitan Cathedral, Changanaserry|
|Date of Recording||14 Nov 2021|
|Video Segment (s)||
Revival of Crowning ceremony . Syro Malabar wedding of Joseph & Jiss, Kalathil
The crowning of the bride and groom used to be a part of the wedding ceremony among the Syro Malabar Catholics. At some point in history, crowning was removed. Recently, young Syro Malabar Catholics are taking the initiative to reinstate the ceremony into their wedding rituals; the many local Vicars seem to be going along with the wishes of the bride and groom. If the trend continues, the hierarchy may have to officially reinstate the ritual into the wedding ceremony. The video shows how the ancient traditions are finding a place in their conversations. We wish the very best to Joseph and Jiss Kalathil for a long and happy married life and many blessings from God on their family.
Joseph J. Palackal, CMI
6 January 2022
- AP 77 - Syriac Christian Wedding in India
- AP 137 - Syriac chants during the wedding at Dallas, USA: Denny & Neena
- AP 141 - Marriage of Ribin Jose and Reshma: Reclaiming an old custom
- AP 149 - Bilingual Nuptial Qurbana: wedding of Anija and George Njarakunnel
- AP 169 - Wedding of Dixon and Nivya. Ramsa at the home of the groom. Reviving old customs.
- AP 170 - Wedding of Dixon & Nivya. Chantham Charthal (beautification) of the groom
- AP 226 (215) - കിരീടം വാഴ്വ് : Crowning ceremony at Syro Malabar wedding. Sherin & Treesa
- AP 171 - Nuptial Qubana and crowning ceremony of Dixon and Nivya.
- AP 190 - Crowning of Anju Koovaplackal & Bijo Kattuvallil reclaiming an old tradition.
- AP 268 - Syro Malabar wedding: CROWNING CEREMONY is catching up. JOJI and AMALU
- AP 314 - Reclaiming Syriac Traditions Kireedam Vazhvu. Adv. Sam Sunny and Dency John