Interviews and Performances - Video List
AP 50 to 41
AP 50 to 41
Ammini John Anamthuruthil in conversation with Dr. Joseph J. Palackal, CMI.
|Part Number||Part I - Syro Malabar Church|
|Title||Ammini John Anamthuruthil in conversation with Dr. Joseph J. Palackal, CMI.|
|Place of Recording||St. Mary's Church (aka Suriyanippally), Palluruthy, Kochi.( Diocese of Ernakulam-Angamaly.)|
|Date of Recording||28 July 2014|
|Video Segment (s)||
AP 48a to 48c
Ammini John Anamthuruthil in conversation with Dr. Joseph J. Palackal. Recorded at St. Mary's Church (aka Suriyanippally, Palluruthy, Kochi). Diocese of Ernakulam-Angamaly. 28 July 2014.Topics
1. Learned the Syriac chants by listening to church services. Women were not allowed to sing in the choir in her younger days. (1:07)
2. Melody of "Kollan dasne." Sings from memory without the help of printed book. Even after the vernacularization of the liturgy, Ammini used to sing these chants at home because she liked them (1:38).
3. Melody of "Sambah l'maarya" (4:00)
4. Was very happy when the liturgy was translated into Malayalam in 1962, because she could understand the prayers. 4. Melody of "Qandisa Alaaha" (Rev. Fr. George Koyilparambil enthusiatically sings along with Ammini) (5:30).
- AP 48a - Melody of "Kollan Dasne" (Pange Lingua). Ammini John Anamthuruthil.
- AP 48b - Melody of "Sambah l'maarya.". Ammini John Anamthuruthil.
- AP 48c - Melody of "Qandisa Alaaha" Trisagion. Ammini John Anamthuruthil.