AP 330 to 321
Syriac Version of the Lord's Prayer before Communion: Joseph Palackal CMI
|Part I - Syro Malabar Church
|Syriac Version of the Lord's Prayer before Communion: Joseph Palackal CMI
|Place of Recording
|the Syro Malabar Convention in Houston, Texas
|Date of Recording
|Video Segment (s)
Notes"I HAVE A DREAM" speech by Joseph Palackal, CMI. At the Syro Malabar Convention in Houston, Texas. 2019.
The Syriac Christians have the privilege and honor of reciting the Lord's Prayer in the same language that Jesus taught the disciples. Unfortunately, the Syro Malabar Catholics relinquished that privilege during the process of translating the liturgy into the vernacular in 1962. I was trying to motivate the Syro Malabar youth in America, who attended the Convention, to own the tradition. The clergy or the hierarchy are not yet ready to promote the idea. Only a grass-root level movement can make this happen. Sadly, nothing has happened in the last four years. We are posting this video excerpt with the hope of restarting a conversation on the topic.
Joseph J. Palackal, CMI
17 April 2023
- AP 142 - Ann Lia Wilson Sings a post-communion song in Syriac. Music Ecumenism.
- AP 143 - Qandisa alaha during bilingual Qurbana at Syro Malabar Convention in Houston.
- AP 144 - Institution Narrative in Syriac during bilingual Qurbana at Syro Malabar Conven.
- AP 145 - Laku mara, during bilngual Qurbana in Houston, Texas.
- AP 323 - Reclaim Syriac to Reaffirm Identtity of Syro Malabar Christians - Joseph Palackal