AP 30 to 21
Children's Choir at Suriyanippally, Palluruthy, sings "B'eda d'yawmaan".
|Part Number||Part I - Syro Malabar Church|
|Title||Children's Choir at Suriyanippally, Palluruthy, sings "B'eda d'yawmaan".|
|Place of Recording||St. Mary's Church (aka Suriyanippally), Palluruthy, Kochi, Kerala|
|Date of Recording||28 July 2014|
|Video Segment (s)||
Children's Choir at St. Mary's Church (aka Suriyanippally), Palluruthy, Kochi, Kerala, India, sing the Syriac and Malayalam versions of "B'eda d'yawmaan" (On this Festival Day), hymn to the Blessed Virgin. Baby Anamthuruthil: Choir director, vocal, and harmonium. The text of the Malayalam version is by Fr. Abel Periyappuram, CMI (1920-2001). Recorded on 28 July 2014.
- AP 26a - സുറിയാനി ഗീതം : പുത്തരി മാതാവിന് സ്തുതി
- Dear Fr. Palachal,
I have seen the video "Aramaic Project-Part 26. Children's Choir at Suriyanippally, Palluruthy, sings "B'eda d'yawmaan".
"B'eda d'yawmaan" had been singing in Thuruthy St. Mary's church belongs to Changanacherry as some of the elders are aware of it. I am not sure who all are alive now.
You can read the story here: http://mtnazrani.blogspot.in/2012/04/blog-post_5188.html. But unfortuately I couldn't hear that in my childhood as by that time they had switched to Malayalam song in the same tune...but not a translation of the orginal. It is being sung still there during the feasts.
O Mathave...Svarga Rajgni..nin prakasham sooryanekkal.
Fr. Immanuel Thelly has translated this to Malayalam and you can read this here:
In Major feast, they used to take the statue of Michael outside the chappel at that time they used to sung some Syriac songs. According to my knowledge that was some parts of Rosary in Syriac.
Any way thanks for all the work that you are doing to support Syriac and document the Syriac heritage in the form of videos.
In the love of Isho M'shiha,
Joju George Jacob-2015
- It is wonderful to watch these young children singing syriac chants.Very glad to know that their master, Mr Baby Anamthuruthil is handing over what he experienced in his childhood to the young generation. I hope these children also keep this tradition alive and active. These children are really the hope of our community. I think the Lord is working through Mr Baby and these children to make changes in the way of our worship by using the sacred language of or Lord. The Holy Spirit is now really working and influencing the church through these ordinary children (Lucky children) and their master. God bless them. - Martin Thomas Antony - August 2015
- AP 4aa - "B'eda d'yawman." Track 29
- AP 6a - Dr. Jacob Vellian and team sing "B'eda d'yawmaan". Recorded at St. Thomas Church, Kuruppamthara, Kottayam Dt., Kerala. 12 July 2013.
- AP 7 - "B'eda d'yawmaan" (On this festival day)Syriac Chant in honor of the Blessed Virgin MarySung by Paul Joy Vathappillil
- AP 11.5 - "B'hadmin yawmin" in the voice of Fr. Abel, CMI
- AP 18b - The Sisters of St. Thomas sing a new melody for B'eda d'yawmaan (Hymn to the Blessed Virgin).
- AP 25g - Rev. Fr. Sebastian Sankoorikkal: Three melodies of “B’eda d’yawmaan;” one melody starts on offbeat.
- AP 78g - B'eda Dyawman -Binu & Deepa singing syriac chants
- AP 105 - Syriac hymn in honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
- AP 107b - Melody of B’eda d’yawman. Fr. Thomas Kalayil, CMI
- AP 121 - Dr. Joseph J Palackal, CMI, at the AMERICAN LIBRARY OF CONGRESS .
- AP 123 - B'eda d'yawman (Syriac and Malayalam) at Suriyanippally, Palluruthy.
- AP 159 - Three -year old Hansel Joseph sings Syriac chants.
- AP 182 - Paul Joy (Grandson of Paily Vathappally)
- AP 182 - Paily Vathappally with Violin tune
- AP 214 - 'ബ്ഏദാ ദ് യൗമ്മാൻ' Evelyn & Jerome Sijo Puthenpurackal, sing Marian Hymn.
- AP 250 - Beda d' Yawman (Syriac Chant) and ' അമലോത്ഭവയാം കന്യാമരി യേ' (Malayalam)
- AP 22 - The St. Jude Syro Malabar Church choir in Northern Virginia, USA, learn "Qandisa Alaaha (Trisagion in Syriac) with incipits in Malayalam.
- AP 22a - The St. Jude Syro Malabar Church choir in Northern Virginia, USA, learn "Qandisa Alaaha (Trisagion in Syriac) with incipits in English.
- AP 83 - Varghese Chiriyankandath, Sacristan and church musician.
- AP 182 - Paily Vathappally on The Life of a Church Musician in the syriac era.
- AP 192 - Qandisa Alaha and Covid-19. Syro Malabar children sing in Austin, Texas
- AP 197 - Syriac chant to celebrate St. Thomas Day. Houston, Texas.
- AP 251 - Fr. Cyril Thayyil in conversation with the Alangad Syriac Choir
- AP 272 - St. Thomas Syro Malabar Church Choir in Connecticut sing St. Thomas Anthem.