AP 140 to 131
"Sagdinan mar" in Toronto, Canada.
|Part Number||Part I - Syro Malabar Church|
|Title||"Sagdinan mar" in Toronto, Canada.
|Place of Recording||St. Alphonsa Syro Malabar Catholic Cathedral , Toronto, Canada|
|Date of Recording||04 October, 2018|
|Video Segment (s)||
Sagdinan mar" in Toronto, Canada
The Presbyterate of the Syro Malabar Exarchate ( Diocese as of Mary 25) sings the Christological Hymn "Sagdinan mar"
The diocese invited me to teach the priests the melodies of the English version of our Qurbana that i co-composed. I used the occasion to teach a few Syriac chants, too. The Bishop and priests went along with the idea. Once the priests learned about the Christological and historical significance of the chant, they became enthusiastic. On the last day, we decided to sing it before my return to New York. This is the best compliment they could give me. The event shows that Syriac may have a chance to survive. Thanks be to God. Maar Walaah! Our own Thoma Sliha must be jumping with joy in heaven.
Joseph J. Palackal, CMI
3 June 2019
- AP 6j - Dr. Jacob Vellian sings the mMelody of "Sagdeenan maar."
- AP 25f - Rev. Fr. Sebastian Sankoorikkal: Melody of “Sagdeenan maar”.
- AP 79 - Sagdinan Mar: A unique Syriac chant (Christological)
- AP 91 - Bishop Joseph Kallarangatt sings "Sagdīnan mār"
- AP 98 - Dr. Joseph J. Palackal teaches the choir members, the aramaic chant "Sagdinan Mar"
- AP 101 - Sagdīnan mār. at First communion. Northern Virginia
- AP 107e - Fr. Thomas Kalayil, CMI on "Sagdinan mar"
- AP 113 - Dr. Thomas Kalayil, CMI, speaks On "Sagdinan Mar," the Christological hymn
- AP 146 - Practice session for bilingual Qurbana at National Convention in Houston, Texas