AP 70 to 61
Major Archbishop George Cardinal Alencherry sings Puqdankon at the Basilica of National Shrine, Washington, D. C.
|Part Number||Part I - Syro Malabar Church|
|Title||Major Archbishop George Cardinal Alencherry sings Puqdankon at the Basilica of National Shrine, Washington, D. C.|
|Place of Recording||Basilica of National Shrine, Washington, D. C.|
|Date of Recording||07 Sept 2013|
|Video Segment (s)||
Major Archbishop George Cardinal Alencherry begins the solemn celebration of the Syro-Malabar Qurbana in English, composed by Joseph J. Palackal and George Thaila, by singing the traditional "Puqdaanakon" ("Your mandate") in Syriac, at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception, Washington, D. C. Sixteenth Annual Pilgrimage to our Lady of Good Health, Annai Velankanni, organized by the Indian American Catholic Association (IACA), on 7 September 2013.
Celebrants: Major Archbishop George Cardinal Alencherry, Donald Cardinal Wuerl, Bishop Jacob Angadiath.
Communication between Dr. Joseph J. Palackal and the Major Archbishop's office in Kochi regarding the introduction of "Puqdaanakon" and "Qaddisa Alaaha" in the Solemn celebration of Qurbana in English at the National Shrine and Basilica of the Immaculate Conception, Washington DC, on 07 Sept 2013 - Pdf
Choir (130 singers): Diocesan Youth Apostolate of the Syro-Malabar Catholic Diocese of Chicago. Conductor: George Thaila. Choir Master: Delix Joseph Alex. Soloist: Joseph J. Palackal . Audio recording: Demetrius Callas. Video recording: Asian Ocean Media. Courtesy: IACA, 2013.
See the chant at the practice session in New Jersey Video . Note the difference in the melody of the Celebrant's part. See another Syriac chant, sung on the same occasion, "Qaddisa alaha" Video
See the Sanskrit bhajan in praise of the Blessed Virgin Mary, sung on the same occasion Video
See information Syro Malabar Qurbana
I will request you one thing that you propose certain Hymns in Syriac like Puqdana kon’ , Thesbotha Alaha , Lagumara, Khandisha Alaha and some text words that could be introduced during the celebrations in Malayalam or any other language. Please create a recording of these chants and i can propagate. - Mar. George Cardinal Alancherry - April 5, 2017
- AP 3e - Melody of Puqdānkōn. Fr. Paul Kodamullil.
- AP 62a - Fr. Mathew Mattam. Melody of Puqdānkōn
- AP 65a - Puqdankon. Music practice in New Jersey for Qurbana at the Basilica of National Shrine, Washington, D. C.
- AP 70b - Puqdānkōn. Solemn Qurbana by Fr. George Plathottam
- AP 80a - Puqdankon in Syriac Qurbana
- AP 95 - Qurbana begins with Puqdankon at St. Jude Syro Malabar Church, N. Virginia, USA
- AP 132a - Puqdankon during bilingual Qurbana at St. Stans, New York
- AP 140f - Puqdankon (requiem melody)
- AP 165-1 - Puqdankon. Fr. Saji Mattathil
- AP 344 - On Liturgical Space Time and Puqdankon. Dr. Pauly Maniyattu