AP 150 to 141
Practice session for bilingual Qurbana at National Convention in Houston, Texas.
|Part Number||Part I - Syro Malabar Church|
|Title||Practice session for bilingual Qurbana at National Convention in Houston, Texas.
|Place of Recording||Syro Malabar National Convertion at Hilton Convention center, Houstan , Texas, USA|
|Date of Recording||31 July, 2019|
|Video Segment (s)||
Practice session for bilingual Qurbana at National Convention in Houston, Texas
This was in preparation for the Solemn bilingual Qurbana (English and Syriac) on the second and third days (August 1 and 2, 2019) of the Syro Malabar National Convention in Houston, Texas. The youth choir welcomed the idea of including Syriac chants and made the efforts to learn them in advance. On July 31, we had a final practice. We changed the performance practice the Christological hymn, Sagdinan mar, after the practice. Instead of singing three times on in the same pitch register, we sang in three ascending pitch registers. This was the first time we experimented such practice. Sebastian Ottaplackal accepted my suggestion and prepared the score for the instrumental players on time. We are grateful to Kavitha Joseph and Julie Adimathara for their effective leadership as well as to the choir members for whole heartedly welcoming my suggestion to include especially "Sagdinan mar" in the liturgy. Overall, this was a historic moment.
Joseph J. Palackal, CMI
23 August 2019
- AP 6j - Dr. Jacob Vellian sings the mMelody of "Sagdeenan maar."
- AP 25f - Rev. Fr. Sebastian Sankoorikkal: Melody of “Sagdeenan maar”.
- AP 79 - Sagdinan Mar: A unique Syriac chant (Christological)
- AP 91 - Bishop Joseph Kallarangatt sings "Sagdīnan mār"
- AP 98 - The aramaic chant "Sagdinan Mar".
- AP 101 - Sagdīnan mār. at First communion. Northern Virginia
- AP 107e - Fr. Thomas Kalayil, CMI on "Sagdinan mar"
- AP 113 - Dr. Thomas Kalayil, CMI, speaks On "Sagdinan Mar," the Christological hymn
- AP 134 - Sagdinan mar" in Toronto, Canada
- AP 143 - Dr. Joseph Palackal introduces two Syriac chants during Qurbana in Houston.
- AP 146 - Practice session for bilingual Qurbana at National Convention in Houston, Texas
- AP 179 - Papputty Master (Violin instrumental track)
- AP 196 - Ramsha Mariam Payyappilly sings syriac chant
- AP 243 - Children Group sings at St Jude Syro Malabar Catholic Church
- AP 315 - The ESSENCE of SAGDINAN MAR - by Joseph Palackal, CMI
- AP 4w - Bar maryam [Son of Mary] Track 25 Qambel Maran: Syriac Chants from South India
- AP 5a - K. O. Chacko Koythadathil sings "Marayor paawe," a Tamil song in honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary, set to the tune of the Syriac chant "Bar Maryam" (Son of Mary).
- AP 15c - Bishop Joseph Kallarangatt Sings "Bar Maryam"
- AP 43 - Dr. Joseph J. Palackal, CMI teaches the Syriac chant Bar Mariam. Ripon College, Oxford.
- AP 51m - Hymn in honor of St John Nepomucene to the melody of ’Bar Maryam.
- AP 53 - George Thaila in conversation with Dr. Joseph J. Palackal.
- AP 59b - Dr. Joseph J. Palackal sings and speaks about the famous Syriac chant "Bar Maryam"
- AP 87 - Bar Mariyam during priestly ordination of Fr. Kevin Mundackal
- AP 173 - "Bar Maryam" as Christmas carol, in Melbourne, Australia. 2019
- AP 184 - CMI fathers in North America learn, "Bar Maryam" (Son of Mary).
- AP 185 - Catherine Felix plays the Syriac chant "Bar Maryam" (Son of Mary) on piano.
- AP 187 - The oldest Christian chant in India, Bar Maryam?/ Vatican Radio
- AP 229(218) - Bar Maryam at Dharmaram College (2014)
- AP 278 - Is 'BAR MARYAM' ("Son of Mary") KNANAYA? : 'ബർ മറിയം' "മറിയത്തിന്റെ മകൻ"
- AP 280 / AP3-06 - BAR MARYAM. Chaldean version from Iraq. Fr. Stefan Rabban Cor Episcopa.
- AP 281 / AP2-06 - BAR MARYAM. Chaldean Syrian Church of the East, India. Fr. A. Kaitharan
Videos related to Sagdinan Mar
Videos related to Bar Maryam