AP 270 to 261
Syro Malabar wedding: CROWNING CEREMONY is catching up. JOJI and AMALU
|Part I - Syro Malabar Church
|Syro Malabar wedding: CROWNING CEREMONY is catching up. JOJI and AMALU
|Place of Recording
|Mar Gregorios Church, Punnapra, Alappuzha.
|Date of Recording
|Video Segment (s)
The crowning of the bride and groom used to be a part of the wedding ceremony among the Syro Malabar Catholics. At some point in history, crowning was removed. Recently, young Syro Malabar Catholics are taking the initiative to reinstate the ceremony into their wedding rituals; the many local Vicars seem to be going along with the wishes of the bride and groom. If the trend continues, the hierarchy may have to officially reinstate the ritual into the wedding ceremony. The video shows how the ancient traditions are finding a place in their conversations.
We wish the very best to Joji and Amalu Nalpathanchil for a long and happy married life and many blessings from God on their family.
Joseph J. Palackal
6 January 2022
- AP 171 - Nuptial Qubana and crowning ceremony of Dixon and Nivya.
- AP 190 - Crowning of Anju Koovaplackal & Bijo Kattuvallil reclaiming an old tradition.
- AP 226 - കിരീടം വാഴ്വ് : Crowning ceremony at Syro Malabar wedding. Sherin and Treesa.
- AP 259 - Revival of Crowning ceremony . Syro Malabar wedding of Joseph & Jiss, Kalathil
- AP 314 - Reclaiming Syriac Traditions Kireedam Vazhvu. Adv. Sam Sunny and Dency John