AP 100 to 91
Solemn Sung Qurbana in Syriac at Irinjalakkuda.
|Part Number||Part I - Syro Malabar Church|
|Title|| Solemn Sung Qurbana in Syriac at Irinjalakkuda.
|Place of Recording||St. Thomas Cathedral Church, Irinjalakkuda, Kerala|
|Date of Recording||10-March-2018|
|Video Segment (s)||
Solemn Sung Qurbana in Syriac at Irinjalakkuda
The solemn celebration of Qurbana in Syriac on this video is a loving tribute of a son, Babu Lonappan, to his father, Mangalathuparampil Pyloth Lonappan, who deeply cherished the Syriac heritage of the Syro Malabar Church. Babu Lonappan took a remarkable decision to observe the customary 40th – day of demise by celebrating a solemn Qurbana in Syriac at his native parish, the St. Thomas Cathedral Church at Irinjalakkuda. The Cathedral Vicar, Fr. Antu Alappadan, agreed to the idea. This was a special celebration with only family and friends in attendance. The celebrant, Fr. Augustine Kandathikkudy, is a young priest who grew up in the post-Syriac era of the Syro Malabar Church. Yet, he developed a personal interest in the Syriac Qurbana and learned the language and the melodies. Fr. Augustine is blessed with a resonant voice. He is one of a handful of young priests who gets special invitations from Syro Malabar churches in different parts of Kerala to celebrate solemn Qurbana in Syriac. In this video, we hear the intonation of the Syriac language from a representative of the younger generation of Syro Malabar priests. We are grateful to Babu Lonappan, who is far removed from the Syriac era of the Syro Malabar Church, for making an effort to document this rare and historical event, and for granting permission to post this video on our channel.Joseph J. Palackal
27 June 2018
- AP 35 - "Suwha lawaa." Commemoration hymn from the solemn Qurbana in Syriac.
- AP 38 - Alleluia from the solemn Qurbana of the Syro Malabar Church in Syriac.
- AP 52a - Melody of "U al ar'a" (And on earth). Syriac translation of 'Gloria in Excelsis Deo'. From the solemn Qurbana in Syriac in the Syro Malabar Church before 1962.
- AP 52c - Sebastian Menachery sings and speaks about the chant, 'Barek Maar" (Bless O Lord) from solemn celebration of Qurbana in Syriac in the Syro Malabar Church.
- AP 52e - Melody of "M’haymneenan" from the Creed In Syriac during solemn celebration of Qurbana. Probabaly composed in Kerala
- AP 52m - Melody of "Ahai Qambel." which is the deacon's invitation to receive the holy communion from the Solemn Qurbana.
- AP 52n - Melody of “Rahme Suqaanaa”, from the reconciliation rite in the solemn Qurbana.
- AP 54f - Fr. Jose P. Kottaram sings "Thaibūthe d’māran īšōmišīhâ." Blessing and the Salutation and dialogue in solemn Qurbana: Syriac and Malayalam versions.
- AP 54g - Fr. Jose P. Kottaram sings two melodies of “Kad qāyēn” - the introduction to "Holy, Holy Holy" in solemn Qurbana in Syriac.
- AP 54h - Fr. Jose P. Kottaram sings "Yāēmār b’kōl yāwmīn" which is the slotha (prayer) before the Huthamma (final blessing) on Sundays in Qurbana in Syriac.
- AP 62cc - Melody of Final Blessing in Solemn Qurbana
- AP 70 - Fr. George Plathottam. Solemn sung Qurbana in Syriac
- AP 70h - Lākāu Mārā. Resurrection hymn from Syro Malabar Qurbana in Syriac
- AP 70n - Alleluia from Solemn Qurbana in Syriac. Celebrant: Fr. George Plathottam.
- AP 80 - Solemn sung Qurbana (Syriac). Msgr. Jacob Vellian
- AP 80c - "Thesbohtha l'alāhā" (Glory to God) Excerpt from Solemn Qurbana in Syriac
- AP 100 - A Historic Event - Solemn Qurbana in Syriac
- AP 119 - Solemn Syriac Qurbana . Fr. Probus Perumalil, CMI. A musical treasure
- AP 122 - Fr Cyril Thayyil. Solemn Qurbana in Syriac. Koovappadam, Kochi
- AP 155 - Bishop Joseph Kallarangatt. Solemn Qurbana in Syriac. Elanji
- AP 156 - Fr Cyril Thayyil: Solemn Qurbana in Syriac at Kuravilangad
- AP 157 - Fr. George Nellikkatt: Solemn Qurbana in Syriac
- AP 165 - Solemn Qurbana in Syriac. Fr. Saji Mattathil, Fr. Joseph Pathil
- AP 172 - Fr Paul Kodamullil. Solemn Syriac Qurbana. Pre-1962 version
- AP 175 - Fr. Sebastian Sankoorikkal. Solemn Qurbana in Syriac (pre-1962 version)